In this website, the terms ”British American Tobacco Australia ” “we”, “us” and “our” are used to refer to British American Tobacco Australia Limited.
The terms “British American Tobacco”, “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British American Tobacco p.l.c. and the group of companies constituting its direct and indirect subsidiaries worldwide, including British American Tobacco Australia Limited.
Terms and conditions
This web site is operated by British American Tobacco Australia. Please read these terms and conditions ("terms") carefully. By accessing this web site you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you should not access or view this website.
Any questions or enquiries which you have in relation to this website should be made either by e-mailing using the Contact us facility or be addressed to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco Australia , Westfield Drive, Eastgardens NSW 2036.
We respect your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This section informs you of our privacy practices regarding the way your information is collected online and how that information is used in addition to the terms of our Privacy statement.
a) Information about you
When you visit our website we may ask you for information about yourself. We may need to know your name, address, email address and other information to provide you with information or to reply to your queries.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about you through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about you such as your browser type and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We may also place a cookie on your computer. You are not obliged to accept a cookie that we send to you and you can in fact modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org . We may also use web beacons, which are transparent image files and are used to monitor your journey around British American Tobacco Group websites.
b) Sharing this information
British American Tobacco Australia may share information it has collected, in the following ways:
- From time to time this information may be transferred to other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to 3rd party agents or representatives of British American Tobacco for the purposes of system maintenance.
- British American Tobacco Australia may also be required to disclose this information to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees and third parties on British American Tobacco property.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of this information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
c) International data transfers
Information that we collect may be transferred across international borders for further processing, storage or use. Transfers may occur between members of the British American Tobacco Group including their affiliates, customers and suppliers.
Any 3rd party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal data in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection and privacy laws or where applicable be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal data.
Links to external websites
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly British American Tobacco Australia cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked sites. Your use of such sites is at your sole risk.
- This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only. British American Tobacco Australia has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is correct at the time of inclusion.
- Except as expressly provided for on this website, British American Tobacco Australia is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
- All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in British American Tobacco Australia and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these terms. You are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of this website or its content. You may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by British American Tobacco Australia .
- You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
- British American Tobacco Australia reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- You hereby agree to indemnify British American Tobacco Australia against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against British American Tobacco Australia as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
- If you are in breach of these terms British American Tobacco Australia may as its option, suspend or block your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- This website is provided to you free of charge, and neither British American Tobacco Australia nor any other company in the British American Tobacco Group accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud) or as required by law whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website.
- These terms may be amended by British American Tobacco Australia from time to time.
- These terms and conditions and the content of this website are governed by Australian law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.